Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Out with the Old, In with the New

On the way to work the other day, my poor red bicycle blew a flat in the rear tire and sadly, I had to put it down. I caught the bus for the rest of the way, bringing the now useless piece of scrap with me. However, luckily, I was able to get a spanking new silver MEN's bike which has six-speeds and is claimed to be made of aluminum, which is like totaling your Pinto and getting maybe a Delorean.

Nothing new on the work front, still going over stat's analysis and trying to develop an experimental design for the model I'm still waiting to receive. My supervisor, an electrical engineer) is trying to combine two programs together for me which is turning out to be much more complex than he realized. I find it quite interesting that in this Biochem-chemical engineering process department, there is only one other person with a chemical engineering background. Most of them have an electrical or computing or robotics engineering background. Goes to show that no matter what you start yourself in, you really can go into anything.

Went looking around for a field to play frisbee in yesterday, but unfortunately, all the sprawling fields had grass that was about knee high on average. The only cut places were in the campus Sportsplatz where you will have to pay 10 euros to use the facilities. I guess we'll just pony up the membership fees next time we feel like doing anything.

Today is the big game so that's what I'll be doing tonight, until then, got work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home