Friday, June 16, 2006

Prague

I'm in Prague with Denise in a sketchy hostel. Although I called the place the day before to inform them of a late check in, nobody was there at the door when we showed up after an exhausting 7 hr train ride. Some stranger let us in and warned us about Gypsies who broke in and took stuff a while ago. We'll be okay I think because we have a private room. Borat from Khazistan was right, gypsies are not to be trusted.

Well, we spent the day just taking in as much of Prague as we could. The building are beautiful and I feel like I could just roam around all day. We also searched by and large for a stall that sold smoked chicken leg since I had dropped mine the night before when we got off the train and was pretty bitter about that. Fortunately, after a couple hours of wandering the streets, we found another vendor at the metro station. I took the advice of Shaina and will be checking out some of the more cultured activities around here such as the Vivaldi concert by the Czech orchestra as well as going on a jazz boat cruise dinner. Both combined probably cost ~$60 CDN for the both of us...and this is a splurge.

Well, as everybody is saying, can't really explain how beautiful the place is, so I'll be posting pictures whenever I get back to Germany next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home