Friday, June 09, 2006

Past couple-o-days: one-week anniversary work, ping-pong balls, good news and dancing with nerds

The last couple of days have been a blurr....a blurr of reading papers and fighting the urge to sleep. Honestly, I wish I knew my math a little better especially since I'm a process guy. Anyways, 2 papers down, 1 thesis to go. Too bad I don't really understand much and hopefully the supervisor can help me when he gets back from Italy on "conference". The first day problem was learning how to catch the bus to school and finding building G2.

My entire morning of the first day was devoted to finding a key so that I can go to my office. Apparently, the office lost it so I don't have to go to work until 10:00am anymore (not a bad idea). The rest of the day was setup with administrative stuff. Then I got all my papers...not fun. I'm still reading up on model predictive control and trying to figure out how this model was derived. Eventually I have to implement a modified MPC to this model to optimize startup (that was for everybody in process II...that's right, MPC came back to haunt me).

Today, June 8, I got awesome news: Denise is coming to visit! yay. also got invited by the physics girls to hear a quantum physics lecture. turns out the lecture is in German, and it was pretty interesting and a party was setup after. One of the organizers was wearing an Ottawa senators jersey. I had to go heckle him. I'll put up pictures tommorow, its just that this computer sucks and has some serious problems. Well, that's all fornow. Zain, sorry that my blog sucks, I'm not putting my heart and soul into it, just filling in the details of my life and its not funny all the time....or ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home