Monday, July 17, 2006

Been a while, but here goes - Further Dortmund Explorations and Bochum meeting

Well, it has been a while so here's the gist of things since my last posting. Last weekend, Reed and I looked up a Dortmund tourism website and mapped out all the places we wanted to see in town. These included historic houses with moats, museums, harbours, a river walk, and swimming pools to go to.

I took my bike and did a ride around the nearby historic houses and industrial museums but they were closed by the time I got there. I don't think I will venture back for a paid tour because it is mainly the grounds of these places that are nice to visit.


On Tuesday evening, the RISE exchange students were invited to Bochum for a get-together of all the RISE students in the Ruhrland region. We had tea/coffee and cake, met new people from neighbouring towns, a tour of the botanical gardens (including the Chinese garden which was really nice except the tour lady kept looking at me for confirmation of facts) and then finally, a piano concert with a 5 song encore (this was amazing, but I really would have liked further notice on the number of encores an artist does). That week was short because on Thursday we went to Heidelberg for the weekend.


This is my supervisor, Christian Sonntag btw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home